We’re hiring! – Engineering Manager
This exciting new role is responsible for managing and growing the Engineering department.
This exciting new role is responsible for managing and growing the Engineering department ensuring projects are planned, managed and delivered on-time, on-spec and on-budget.
The Engineering Manager will be part of the management team and will be key to communication, clarity, strategy including research and thought leadership for the Engineering department. You will work within our Cambridge-based team.
You will be Engineer trained but also have solid commercial sense. You will be able to plan multiple, complex projects and deliver them on-time and on-budget whilst maintaining great communication and updates to the Management Team.
You’ll be experienced in growing an engineering team in order to deliver products to ourCommercial aspirations.
[ KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE ]
- Multi-disciplined (HW/SW/FW) team management.
- Department budgeting and reporting.
- Creating and enforcing standards, processes and procedures.
- Staff KPIs, performance reviews, recruiting.
- Ensuring engineering documentation of FW/SW/HW.
- Technology road-mapping with Commercial team.
- Managing the design process from Product Definition to Production handover (NPI).
- Product validation, testing and ensuring product reliability.
- Appreciation of HW/SW/FW disciplines.
- Manage strategic technical-partner recruitment and technical and consultative relationships.
[ ABOUT YOU ]
Some of the skills we require are essential and include:
- A solid appreciation of Hardware, Software and Firmware.
- Experience in bringing products to market (NPI) from initial concept to launch.
- Proven ability to grow and motivate an Engineering department.
- 5+ years of successful multi-disciplined team management.
- A degree-level qualification in a relevant subject, such as Computer Science or Engineering.
- Outstanding project management and resource planning skills.
- Implementation of processes and procedures within a product design environment.
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills. Other skills and qualifications which would be beneficial and give you an edge:
- Recognised project management qualification.
- Proven Product Management experience.
- Product certification knowledge.
- Product testing and validation methods.
- Intellectual Property identification and portfolio building.
[ OUR CULTURE ]
We are a small team. We think big and smart and are growing because we are successful at what we do. Through open communication channels, the team have direct access to each other, and we all have impact on the business.
Our whole team helps and supports each other and draws from each other’s experience and knowledge.
[ WORKING FOR US ]
In addition to a competitive salary, we have great benefits including:
- 25 days holiday plus English bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Autonomy to do your job and deliver results
- Small company with excellent growth prospects
- Casual dress policy
- Modern, stylish office environment
- Christmas to New Year shut down period
To apply, send a copy of your CV and covering letter via email by hitting the Apply now button below.