Tackling Supply Chain Problems
Logistics Update: how Cambrionix is dealing with supply chain disruption
October 15 3 min read
TACKLING SUPPLY CHAIN PROBLEMS WORLDWIDE
Cambrionix is tackling supply chain problems worldwide. It has certainly been a challenging few months in all parts of our supply chain.
While we’re good at looking for the opportunities disguised in challenges, the lead times and availability of components have forced us to rethink our ways of working significantly.
An 88-week lead time really does put a dampener on things.
So, we have considered our strategy to ensure continued availability of our awesome products. That involves a certain amount of projection, inference and making the best of what we have.
TACKLING SUPPLY CHAIN PROBLEMS. HERE GOES:
- Focus our resources on the products that we think you would want in the forthcoming months
- Place advanced orders with our CEMs into 2023 to secure the supply of the required, and sometimes elusive, semiconductor components
- Kitting components at our CEMs specifically for the manufacture of some of our products
- Procure long lead time components to support rescheduled delivery of components at our CEM or allow manufacture of unforeseen product demand
- Develop an alternative preferred supplier network where components can be obtained to ensure continued manufacture of our products
- Closely working with our fantastic CEMs – OSI Electronics Limited and Challenger Solutions Limited – to deal with challenges together when they arise
- Identifying available / alternative components and creating alternative PCB designs where possible.
THIS STRATEGY IS BEING APPLIED TO NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
This strategy is being applied to new product development as well so we can do our best to ensure any new products are available when released to market. We are trying hard to think as far ahead as possible and are investing in the areas we predict you’ll need us for. That said, intelligence is vital so please do let us know as soon as possible if you’re considering new projects or initiatives so we can understand your needs and deliver our products to you with as little chaos as possible.
The more we understand about your priorities in the coming months (and years) the more able we’ll be to meet them.
Contact us to build you solution