Are you an experienced electronics engineer seeking an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of cutting-edge mobile IT solutions? Look no further!
We are seeking an experienced and motivated electronics engineer with a proven track record in full life cycle electronics product design. This exciting new role will be instrumental in the development of new products aimed at fulfilling the growing needs of our customers with innovative mobile IT solutions.
The successful candidate will bring with them prior experience in taking product from concept all the way to volume production and providing product technical support to the rest of the business.
You will support our Cambridge-based team and work alongside colleagues to develop a range of new products that utilise the latest USB technology and will have lots of opportunity to further develop and stretch your electronics skill set.
- Document electronic system requirements
- Cost effective schematic and PCB layout design including:
- High speed USB, Thunderbolt, and Ethernet communication circuitry
- Digital signal circuits – SPI, I2C, UART, power supplies and DC-DC circuits.
- Analogue front-end circuitry design prior to digitalisation
- Program embedded microcontrollers (STM, PIC and Atmel processors)
- Hands on test and prototype of assemblies and assurance of performance is within design criteria
- Ensure product reliability, performing consistently in specified operating conditions
- Create test plans and manage electronics regulatory testing for EMC, FCC, CE …etc
- Generate and maintain Bills of Materials (BOM’s)
- Work with PCB manufacturers to ensure production ready PCBs
- Research and evaluate new technologies
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience designing microprocessor-based system hardware
- An understanding of electrical safety legislation
- Experience designing electronics from schematic level to assembly and final BOM requirements
- Electronics CAD design experience using Altium
- Embedded microcontroller programming experience (C, Assembly)
- Familiarity with common lab test equipment
- Regulatory compliance experience (e.g. LVD, EMC emissions, immunity …etc)
- Knowledge in Python programming for testing desirable
- Must be able to work independently and within teams
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electronics, although other candidates would be considered if they have significant hands on design experience
From £50,000, plus bonus structure
Cambrionix is a leading provider of intelligent, fast USB hubs for mass mobile device management.
As well as our USB hubs our supporting software, Cambrionix Connect, allows you to charge, connect, manage and store mobile devices.
Based in Cambridge on the St. John’s Innovation Park, we have been successfully operating in this market for over 15 years. Currently dealing with some of the largest Blue-Chip companies in the world we help them achieve seamless data transfer and charging for mass deployments of mobile devices across many industries including Development and SQA (Testing) Teams, Education, Healthcare and other business verticals and audiences.
Find out more about us and our history
Check out our company benefits here
[LINK TO BENEFITS PAGE}
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a brief cover letter, stating why you are interested in working with us and why you believe the role is right for you, via the form below.
Have some questions or not sure if this role is right for you, then reach out to recruitment(at)cambrionix(dot)com and we’ll answer your questions.
"*" indicates required fields
Cambrionix is the leading provider of intelligent USB hubs for mass mobile device management. Cambrionix’s range of USB hubs, software and tools, support many of the world’s biggest businesses to succeed across a range of industries including hardware and software development, technology, logistics, education, healthcare and retail.